Decolonising Human Thinking About Migration Crises 

KEYNOTE ADDRESS 


Date & Time:

13 May 2016, 8:45am-10:00am

Location: 

Eckhardt-Gramatté Hall, University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada 
SPEAKER

Mr Arthur DeFehr, CEO of Palliser Furniture and Humanitarian Activist, former UNCHR Somalia, Officer of the Order of Canada, Order of Manitoba. 


TITLE

The Changing Dynamics of Refugee Movement

– relocation is the limited option in the face of crises. 

– it is not helpful to lose measure s of standard of the problem. 

– burden sharing at times may not be an acceptable principle. 

– the UN just announced talking 10 percent of the refugees and that leaves behind the question of; what happened to the remaining 90 percent refugees?

– does culture matters? 

– the role of culture on economy effect and it impact of the development of the country. 

– the clashes of civilization and the trend of history – culture matters; how values shapes human history.


– how does your culture speaks to economy problem?

– the legacy of colonization explains the underdevelopment of many countries.

– personal experiences based on cultural background determines the positive or negative responses to the life and occurrences. 

– cultural clashes and how it relates to the migration crises in Europe.


Conference: 

9th Annual Conference of the Canadian Association for Refugees and Forced Migration Studies (CARFMS)

Conference Theme:

FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT: Exploring a Path from Armed Conflict, Persecution, and Forced Migration to Conflict Resolution, Human Rights, and Development 

Published by

Feminist Church

Princess Ayelotan is a writer/poet, feminist and independent researcher. Her scholarly interest ranges widely, from — Creative Writing related to Gender issues; — Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG), — Rape as a weapon of war, — Violence against disabled women, — Child Sexual Exploitation : e.g. child prostitution and trafficking, — Female economic empowerment — Activism.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s