Date & Time:
13 May 2016, 8:45am-10:00am
Eckhardt-Gramatté Hall, University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Mr Arthur DeFehr, CEO of Palliser Furniture and Humanitarian Activist, former UNCHR Somalia, Officer of the Order of Canada, Order of Manitoba.
The Changing Dynamics of Refugee Movement
– relocation is the limited option in the face of crises.
– burden sharing at times may not be an acceptable principle.
– the UN just announced talking 10 percent of the refugees and that leaves behind the question of; what happened to the remaining 90 percent refugees?
– the role of culture on economy effect and it impact of the development of the country.
– the clashes of civilization and the trend of history – culture matters; how values shapes human history.
– the legacy of colonization explains the underdevelopment of many countries.
– personal experiences based on cultural background determines the positive or negative responses to the life and occurrences.
– cultural clashes and how it relates to the migration crises in Europe.
9th Annual Conference of the Canadian Association for Refugees and Forced Migration Studies (CARFMS)